rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Friday, June 15, 2007
-1:11 PM
Now we are staying at a rented apartment in Waterloo, waiting for our house to be painted. Fortunately, the weather is much warmer here so I can finally go out with just t-shirt and shorts. Sorry I have not been online for ages because we have not had any internet access for a REALLY long time. But the minute I went on, I sent all of you some pictures that we took in Vancouver since some of you requested for me to send you pics.
So far, we have been cooking, washing the dishes and cleaning up the garden (as in the garden of our house, not rented apartment). It was overgrown with weeds so my sis and I spent a LOT of time trying to pull them out. some weeds are just so stubborn! Especially the dandelion. But I think that once the garden is cleaned, it will look very pretty. THe previous owner grew herbs such as thyme, basil and tarragon. We also have rhubarb growing (i even tried eating raw rhubarb!!!!! it was really sour......)
One of the things I have to adjust to about living in Waterloo is the deafening silence. Living in a condo in Singapore, I am so used to hearing the screams of children in the swimming pool, the coconut trees swaying in the wind, the constant murmur of traffic along the roads......here, it is so quiet. If you sit still for a while, the silence is so deafening that you can actually hear a buzzing sound!! (and it wasn't the washing machine)
My sister went for a day of school and she really enjoyed the company there because everyone was so friendly and welcomed her readily. (yep, even though we haven't started school yet, she decided to try it out for one day)I guess the whole environment is so different here. In Singapore, when I entered the lift with a total stranger, I just kept to myself, staring at the increasing digits as the lift ascended. But here, everyone smiles and says 'hi' without even thinking. While we were gardening, a couple taking a walk passed us and said 'hi' even though they were perfect strangers. And when we were on the airplane, one man saw my sis and I carrying our violins AND the flowers :) and asked if we played in the orchestra (like an orchestra going to different countries to perform). I think it makes all the difference, so remember to smile always! love,viv