rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Monday, June 25, 2007
-8:05 AM
Hey everybody,
We have officially moved to our house. I will send all of you pics when I get set up. Unfortunately, we don't have Internet in our house so we have to come to the library to come and use the net here. So I apologise if I can't respond to your emails fast enough.
It's been a week of unpacking bags and suitcases (aahhh, i haven't found my handphone yet!!). But in the meanwhile I have been uncovering many memories...my diaries, letters etc. We have been going to garage sales to pick up good deals and I have decorated my room really nicely with some superbly cheap things (a lamp, bedside table).
Other than that, I have been cooking, cleaning up and gardening. We bought 5 tomato plants and 6 red pepper/yellow pepper plants and we are growing them in our garden. I really hope they grow well...i have had bad experiences (i.e with my zinnias) BUt our garden is growing well. We have dill, chives, rhubarb and more! growing in our backyard. 2 days ago, my sis and I plucked fresh rhubarb and made rhubarb pie. It was wonderful, other than the fact that we put too little sugar. Last night, we used the dill and chives for the salmon pasta we cooked.
My mom and I attended a compost workshop, where we learnt how to recycle our food waste as well as yard waste(leaves etc.) into fertiliser for our plants! It was really great! Did you know that Canada is REALLY into recycling? Every week, the garbage truck comes by to pick up stuff you want to recycle. You can recycle anything from cans to cardboard to dead leaves and twigs. Virtually EVERYTHING except plastic. Even styrofoam. Nicole will be really happy to hear that. Anyway, I am all for the environment and not wasting.
As for churches, we have gone to 2 so far. THe first one was all Caucasians so we just went in(kinda felt out of place) and went out. It was cold and not very friendly. THe second one was a Chinese one. THey welcomed us warmly and they seem to have a vibrant youth community. BUt we are still looking around and haven't found one to settle down into yet.
viv