rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
-8:46 AM
National Day is coming up, i think. My sister and I have been singing National Day songs to commemorate Singapore and also to bring back nostalgic memories :)Monday was a public holiday so our family decided to go take a trip to Niagara. My Dad just bought a GPS (general positioning system) gadget thingo so we didn't have to look at the map. He just followed whatever it told him to do. Anyway, we were driving along with that thing (my sis, mom and I were sleeping) and suddenly when I woke up, I found myself at the border seperating America and Canada!!! Apparently, the GPS had led us there. It told my Dad to go into the truck lane but Dad followed the other cars into the car lane. Soon enough, we were stuck in a big traffic jam leading up to the customs/immigration office (something like the border between Malaysia and Singapore). We all got into a panic and Dad, trying to get out of this mess/traffic jam, got my Mom to move this large orange barrier so that our car could cross into the truck lane. THis made matters worse and other people were soon pointing and gesturing at us, obviously annoyed that we were trying to bypass them. (personally, i myself hate it when people try to cut the queue and skip the line). We were at a loss at what to do, very awkward indeed. A lady clad in an orange vest strode up to us and asked us what we were doing. Embarrassedly, we admitted that we were lost. Very lost. She told us to turn around and go back t hrough the Canadian customs (we had already passed the border through the commercial truck lane). I felt like an illegal immigrant, like those people who hide themselves in barrels or try to swim from Mexico to America. We explained to the customs officer that we got lost and we had no intention AT ALL of crossing the American border. He still requested for our passports, which we obviously did not have, then he asked for any form of identification we had on us. I fished around in my bag for my long-lost ez-link card and found it stashed away in my wallet. It brought back good memories, despite the fact that I think I look pretty bad in that picture. The officer interrogated us more, just to make sure we weren't terrorists, collected $3.50 from us (the fee everyone has to pay for crossing the border) and let us go. Phew! It was such a relief for us to finally be back on the right track and escape scot-free (well, excluding the $3.50). It was a very scary experience but now I can say that I have officially crossed the American border illegally! Not that it's something to be proud of but oh well.So, that was one exciting/thrilling/panicky event that happened to us. viv