rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
-8:16 AM
Hi everybody! I apologise for not blogging for such a long time. I haven't really been online very often either.
Today we had swimming lessons in the morning as usual. My sister and I are now in Rookie Rangers, a level above the level we were previously in. We learn rescue techniques such as CPR, towing (to pull unconscious people to shore) and entry techniques such as somersaulting into the water, stride dives and slip-ins. It's really fun, but difficult. Once you manage to do a certain 'trick', you have such a feeling of accomplishment! Sometimes we play games such as Marco Polo and Water Polo with other groups (our class has only 4 people). Today we played Water Polo with the Bronze Medallion group, which is the level above us. Some of the girls were really rough and kept on tackling whoever had the ball (which included me, my sister and another girl), trying to pull the ball from their grasp. In my opinion, that's cheating. One girl even (accidentally, I think) reached down my sister's swimsuit in the struggle! We didn't enjoy it all. I personally think they should play with boys instead of girls, because apparently they don't dare tackle boys.
Anyway, enough complaining. We've been going for Vacation Bible School meetings at the Chinese Alliance Church. They've been pretty fun, as the people are fun to be around and we've been productive. We even get to prepare lunch for everyone there (they have a kitchen)! We've been split into groups though so we're working with different people.
We had our dentist and doctor appointments. It turns out I'm gonna need braces for my bottom row of teeth and my sis needs braces! We're scheduled for the orthodontist soon. Hope it won't hurt too much! =(
We've also started piano and violin lessons. Both of our teachers are asian. My mom thinks Asians tend to be stricter and more structured and disciplined, so she put us with Asian teachers. They're recommended too by one of my Mom's friends here.
Oh, and one more thing. High School Musical 2's coming out on August 17th for all you people who watch disney channel (i know quite a few). Hee Hee. And I'm usually online on Saturday mornings (your saturday nights for those in Singapore) Just for your info. Please tag on the tagboard! It's great reading your messages!
More updates soon!
Janelle