rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Saturday, August 18, 2007
-1:41 PM
Hi everybody! Janelle here! Finally got the font the right size...hopefully it's easier on your eyes (hey! that rhymes). Many apologies again for not posting for a while. This past week was (drumroll...) VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL WEEK!!! We'd been attending weekly meetings for VBS this past month, decorating and preparing to facilitate. I had really been looking forward to this!
A normal VBS day went like this: In the morning we had Singspiration in which we sang and danced to praise and worship songs. Then came the skit which we watched in five installations, one for each day which encompassed the theme for that day. After that, different groups would branch off into their next individual activities according to their schedule. I was in a group called Broncos (for those who are wondering what in the world broncos means, it basically means wild horse. When i first heard it, i thought it was a pretty weird name too =D), taking care of seven year olds. It was great! Seven year olds are at the age where they are really talkative and are old enough to do things on their own, like go to the toilet or write, but they are young enough that they like being carried and are usually enthusiastic about things. It was so fun taking care of them. Once they get to know you, they get really attached to you and stick to you like glue. If you take care of older kids however, they tend to be more detached. My group had crafts, then bible story time after Singspiration in which they were taught bible stories like the wall of Jericho falling down just by the Israelites walking around it, Naaman being healed and the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ. All groups would then have snack time together, then we went off for games with another group. GAMES!!! I was a game leader! WAHOO!! Finally we would have Chadder's, in which we would watch a movie in five parts, one for each day and a daily challenge which the kids would have to complete. Singspiration would close the day again.
On Thursday we had an outing to the Waterloo Park where we first had lunch (hotdogs and sandwiches!) and then played in a mini water park. All the leaders (or counselors, as some of say) were supposed to take care of the kid they were assigned. At first most of us did that, but then some people decided to gang up...to dunk people. Some of us hadn't brought our swimming suits and didn't want to get wet (I was one of them). At first they stood sneakily around, plotting their schemes. (I make them sound like criminals! No, they're not, I'm just trying to make it dramatic...=D) I, being a 'newbie' had no idea what they were going to do, so when they asked me if I could get wet (which I could, I had a change of clothes) I told them I could. Unfortunately for me. In the beginning they dunked other people, so I thought I was safe, but that was not to be...
I was standing there when suddenly Nathan grabbed me, hooking his arms under mine. Matthew grabbed my legs and I started screaming like mad (for two reasons. One, it's more fun. Two, I felt like it). They dragged me into the crossfire of a watergun 'fight'. Obviously I got wet. But, in a way, it was kinda fun. Hehe.
Sorry gotta go now. My sister's bugging me to go play tennis. Later!
love, Janelle