rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Saturday, September 15, 2007
-11:03 AM
Hi everybody!It's really cold now that we are going into fall. Today I had to wear a sweater and a jacket on top of my normal clothing and even then, my legs still felt cold under my jeans. According to my Dad, the coldest it will be today is 3 degrees and the warmest 13 degrees. Anyway, a quick update on what has been happening: Last night, I went for a Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony concert that cost $5 (special price for students). It was SO good. Firstly, the stage isn't as elevated as it is in the Esplanade/Victoria concert hall so even if you sit in the first 3 rows, you dont' have to stare at their shoes the whole time. Better still, we managed to get row C, where we had a very good view of the whole orchestra. Secondly, at the beginning, they had a powerpoint presentation in which they introduced the orchestra and the different concerts they perform in. Thirdly, when the conductor came in, they played 'O Canada' and we all stood up and sang. It made me feel so patriotic and so united with the rest of the audience standing there. Plus, the music was even more majestic because it was live! Fourthly, before the music was played, the conductor spoke to us (in a very joking and friendly manner) about the piece, his own experience with the piece and what the piece means to him. It really helped us to understand the piece and appreciate it before we heard it. Fifthly, the music was beautiful, especially the 2nd movement of the Ravel concerto. AT the end, the music faded out ever so gradually that you couldn't tell when it ended. It kinda left you in fantasyland, suspended in time, hanging in midair. Even when the note really did end, it felt as if the harmony was still ringing/buzzing every so slightly in my ear. THey also played Beethoven's 5th symphony which was nice to hear, since it is so familiar. All in all, it was a very enjoyable concert experience, especially when it only cost $5. This morning, I attended Chinese school and found that most of the people from my class have parents that speak Chinese at home all the time. THey spoke really fluently, actually surprisingly more fluently than what we spoke in Singapore. It was kind of boring, though because the teacher couldn't control the class and it was really noisy. Since it was the first class, we did introductions in Chinese. One very interesting thing was that we had a 62-year-old man in our class!!! Apparently, he decided to pick up Mandarin a year ago and wanted to come to this Chinese school. I thought it was very brave for him to want to learn something new so late in his life and to want to learn with people so much younger than him - I mean, we could be his grandkids!!! He didn't seem embarrassed or ashamed about it. Anyway, the rest of the day is my FREE day so I had better get going and start doing some productive stuff! viv