rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Saturday, November 3, 2007
-2:55 PM
Hi everyone, Sorry, this is one of the rare chances I have the time to use the computer for leisure. And even then, I need to get off soon. It's moving into November and the weather is definitely becoming much cooler. This morning, it was 1 degree Celsius and frost had formed on the grass. Oh and for those who are interested, my breath made mist in the air. It was pretty cool and my sis and I practised blowing breaths of mist into the air. Last Wednesday was Halloween and everyone goes all out into celebrating the season. In our school, a lot of people dressed up and we had a costume competition during lunch. There was one girl who pasted a scar-like bump onto her neck and covered it with lots of wet tissue to add texture. She painted it to make it look even more gruesome and even made her whole neck area look red and bruised up. It was SOO realistic. My math teacher came dressed up as mickey mouse from fantasia with the blue cloack and hat and another teacher came in a full tigger outfit. My geography teacher came dressed as a A&W waiter with the apron and hat. One guy dressed up as Sponge Bob (he had a cardboard box cut with holes for his hands). There was a stud muffin, Optimus prime, multiple vampires, a ninja and a cow. Oh yeah, and there was even Willy Wonka (complete with the wig, the white face, the hat, the cane and the suit) with his Oompa Lompas!!! It was sooo cute and it looked so convincing. Another very creative costume was this girl who had a dinner table placed on her shoulders with a hole for her head. On the dinner table were bowls and cereal boxes. She later explained that it was supposed to look like her head was a platter on the dinner table waiting to be eaten. Pretty gruesome, if you ask me, but VERY creative. My English teacher dressed up as a clown and she looked entirely different! She painted her face and had a nose on. She had long striped multicoloured socks with big clown shoes, baggy pants and suspenders. Totally unexpected for a usually prim-and-proper teacher. My Math Circle teacher said that he was going to come to class dressed as a triangle. But instead, he came like his normal self just that he had a big pot to put all his worksheets. WHen I asked him why he didn't dress up, he said, "why, I am dressed up! A triangle has two legs (pointing to his legs) and a hypoteneuse (a high-pot-in-use)!" Very clever and really funny. My sister asked, "But why don't you really dress up so that people on the street would be able to get it too?" He answered, "Well, I can laugh to myself." My math circle teacher is hilarious. On Halloween night, my family and I just stayed in the house and turned off the porch lights. We didn't really want to be disturbed. Yesterday, the junior fellowship went shopping together at the dollar store to buy basic necessities for the underprivileged. It's called Operation Christmas Child. My sis and I bought slippers, towels, socks and even a cute hand puppet. I was considering buying a pillow that said, "Girls rule, boys drool!" but decided against it :) Anyway, my sis was carrying her scarf around but when we exited the store, she couldn't find it. She looked around for it and when she told Linda and Yujie, our friends who came shopping too, they realised that they had bought her scarf!!!! What happened was that she had left her scarf on the counter. They thought that it was for sale and added it to their cart. In a dollarstore, they do not scan the items, rather, they just count them up (a dollar each). So they paid a dollar for my sister's scarf. But we are really thankful to God that he allowed it to be Linda and Yujie who had bought the scarf and not some stranger because at least it was retrievable. That's all the happenings for now. Love, viv