rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
-1:54 PM
Christmas, christmas, christmas! It is now the 26th and this is me, Vivienne reflecting on the Christmas just past. I am now in Conway, Arkansas, one of the Southern states in America. To set the tone, let me describe the setting to you. IT is a quiet town with no tall buildings, skyscrapers or office buildings. Actually, think 'To Kill a Mockingbird'. ITs setting is very similar to where I am now and actually Mississipi or Alabama (can't quite remember which) where the story is set is just the next state over from Arkansas. Slavery used to be very prevailing in this state and even now, about half of the population is made up of African-Americans. Most of the houses are one-storey (quite unlike Waterloo). The grass is brown as the southern states of America are usually dry. We arrived 2 days ago and spent Christmas here. Yesterday, my sis and I decided to go biking around the neighbourhood. Actually, the 24th but I'm too lazy to hit the backspace button so p lease excuse me. The sidewalks were really cracked and where the slabs separated, tufts of grass peeked through. The biking trip really hurt my bum, going up and down that sidewalk. We went exploring around the neighbourhood and at one part, my sis went up a curb on her bike so forcefully (actually the gradient was so steep and sudden) that the waterbottle in the basket at the front of the bike was thrust up by the force, hit my sister on the head and deflected to the side. Amazingly, my sis wasn't hurt and we spent minutes laughing about that. In the end, we got lost, not such a surprise for 2 girls biking around an unfamiliar neighbourhood with no destination of sense of direction in mind. We called Uncle Mel (our family friend that we are staying with) and he came to pick up us in a car. On Christmas Eve, we went to church for an evening service and what a blessed service it was. THere was singing, followed by the reading of scripture. Somehow, when the people read the scripture, they seemed to read it with so much reverence that it really touched my heart. I felt like they really meant it and the Word was really speaking to their hearts. Then, a person dressed up as Handel came onto stage and did a little roleplay. It was very entertaining, watching him act as Handel. He said that when he performed the Messiah, he didn't know if King George was standing up to honour God or because of the gout in his feet. Following that, they performed The Hallelujah Chorus. It was certainly very majestic because God is majestic! And He shall reign forever and ever! At the last part, thye had a candlelighting ceremony in which everyone held a candle and from one candle, the fire was passed on and on until everyone had their candles lit. This symbolised how Jesus came to light up the world t hat blessed Christmas morning. What I liked was the refreshing tradition because all my life, I have never celebrated Christmas with so much reverence and awe. It was wonderful.