rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Saturday, January 26, 2008
-6:03 PM
Hey! It's me, Vivienne. It is right now around -10 degrees Celsius and my mom and I had to agree that the 25th of January (my birthday for those who do not know) is really the dead of winter. I didn't have school because it is exam time now but my exams don't start until next week. Yay! So I got my birthday free. s
I woke up really early, not that I forced myself to. I just did. Went to the library. Oh I read some magazines and one was about Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efon, how they are dating and so on. Actually, I think Vanessa looks better without her dark eyeliner. I studied some geography...there's so much to remember especially the range in what is cold temp. and what is hot temp. I got dressed for the concert, then I went for my violin lesson. My mom and sis picked me up to go for sushi buffet, my birthday celebration. Well, we ordered quite a lot of sushi, but my sis and I kinda forgot that we were only ordering for the 4 of us and not everyone who usually comes to buffet (all the guys usually eat up all the sushi). So anyway, we were in for a big shock when plate after plate of sushi came to our table. I liked the sushi..especially the green/red dragon rolls but it was way too much for us. My dad was like, "Since you're the birthday girl, you have to finish everything." but I retorted with, "No, since I'm the birthday girl, I have the right to ask other people to finish everything." Even after stuffing ourselves, we still had room for red bean and green tea ice cream. :) The concert started at 8 p.m. so after dinner, we drove to centre in the square where I was performing. It went well....considering that nothing embarrassing happened. Last time, I was tuning my violin (they took off the fine tuners so now I only have the pegs!!aahh!!) and my G string went WAY out of tune, like really loose. During the concert. And everyone was quiet. I just had to tune it while the conductor was walking up, pluck it a few times and hope for the best. The Youth Orchestra only played one song with the symphony, then we could either go home or stay for the rest of the concert. I stayed to listen but I fell asleep halfway. i guess that's a compliment for the symphony. I mean..their music was so beautiful I actually fell asleep! Once, while I was watching the Chinese Orchestra at the Esplanade (I think it was someone p laying the pipa), I fell asleep and when I awoke, I had no idea where I was because everywhere was really dark. At first, I thought I was at home on my bed, but then it felt so unfamiliar. After a moment of panic, it finally clicked to me and I heaved a sigh of relief.
Today, my sis and I went for a winter walk. It was truly beautiful because the snow was all sparkly. My sis and I took some time to just lie in the snow and gaze up at the snow-lined tree boughs and snowflakes floating down towards us, landing on our faces. When we closed our eyes and stayed really still, it felt wonderful just enjoying nature. I could hear birds chirping and a distant, constant monotonous noise (which I realized was the cars). My parents took a trip to Missasauga to TNT, which is a very big Chinese shop. THey managed to buy items that I haven't seen for such a long while, such as white fungus, prawn crackers (I used to eat these on the bus or on field trips) and lilyflower (the weird things they put in Chinese soups). It was really nice seeing them again (brought back good memories :) Anyway, I really shouldn't be blogging, I have exams to study for. So tata for now! love, viv