rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
-4:47 PM
Hey. It's me. Why is being a teenager so hard? It's almost my birthday and I'm almost going to be 15. But sometimes, I'm unsure of what the future might bring. It's so weird how my emotions fluctuate. One day I can be on top of the world and the next day feel lost. I don't know what to believe, what to rely on, what to trust. I think that many people, like me, have 2 personalities. One that people see and one that people don't. People can seem so perfect on the outside, but I have learnt that it is but one side of the person. Everyone has insecurities, weaknesses, shortcomings and areas we feel not so good about. But I guess God gives us those areas so we don't become proud and so that we can sympathise with others. Which personality is the true me? Many say that the one you conceal is the true you but then who are you when you around other people? Could it be that the true you is a blend of these seemingly contrasting and different personalities? How could I be such a contradiction? What seems to be might not be, yet what we see might very be what is, with no definite way of knowing which is which. I'm going to be 15, and I am still discovering who I am. Maybe being a teenager is supposed to be this confusing. I don't know whether what everyone sees of me is who I really am, yet I truly truly do want to be that person. Does that desire to be that person make me that person? Can I possibly be someone I don't even know about? But if I don't know about it, how can I be? Should I try to live my life such that I fit into the mould that everyone expects me to be in? But if I do control myself in that way, perhaps that could be a measure of pruning my existing personality, not necessarily changing my personality. Maybe that change is PART of my personality. I don't know. Help me God to understand Your plan for my life. Vivienne