rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
-5:07 PM
okie dokie. hello everyone! a short post from yours truly concerning the last week of school. Well for us it was the first week of school...that's right! back to school after the long break :) how has it been? sigh...kinda tired of answering this question. I have been asked it a million times and I have just finished writing an essay (well actually more specifically a journal entry in French) on the exact same question. And today I said the courses I have been taking FOUR times so that by the fourth time, I could rattle it off without thinking...haha..SO. I shan't bore you and bore myself at the same time by answering that question. although I did say this post would be about the first week of school. Ok. I'll talk about something RELATED to school. umm...let me think....OH I have been eating lots of bread with nutella. ok that was pretty random and that most certainly was not related to school. (You can tell I am very bored). umm...OH today I developed a new way of saying muffin. I said 'mooooo - fin'. haha...yeah i was very bored too and besides I was in the car talking to my mom and sis. my mom thought I was trying to speak French so she was like, 'i understand that, you know.' and I was like, 'yeah, i'm speaking english. Of course you understand that.' Ok. Kinda? related to school? Heyyy..well I AM getting better...today in english class, we read an article about obama being an icon and we were supposed to debate about something related. In the end, we ended up debating on whether movies romanticize premarital sex. Talk about related. And people kept on getting off topic. BUt oh well. I do miss debate and I am looking forward to first meeting next week. Woohoo! OHoh today I had first orchestra meeting. THere ARE tons of violins, 38 just in the violin section. We played something out of a geisha movie. yeah...it sounded really chinesey if that is even a word. And I just finished watching Sarah Palin's speech. Honestly, she speaks really well and she really appeals to the average family mom, down-to-earth and very candid. I like the phrase she used: There are people who use change for their career (implicit meaning: Obama) and some people who use career for change.(i.e. John McCain). ohoh and another one....what differentiates hockey moms and pit bulls? lipstick! At first I didn't get this one, especially when my dad told me, because he phrased it differently. He said something about what keeps them apart or something to that effect. So when he said lipstick, I had this strange image of a mom kissing a bulldog. And I guess it didn't help that at first I thought a pit bull had something to do with a giant pit. Anyway, I finally got it after my parents explained it to me. ok that's all for now. seeyalater viv