rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Thursday, October 2, 2008
-3:25 PM
God is so good and He keeps so true to His promises. Indeed, He is truly able to far more exceedingly abundantly beyond whatever we can ever ask or think. And sometimes, I'm ashamed at how I limit God with my perspective/with my view or how little faith I have. Yesterday, while I was preparing for Christian club, I was preparing for about 10 people because in my mind I was thinking, "well we had about 15 last time but some won't come again so there will be about 10" I had this in mind while I was getting the surveys together and all. This morning, God reminded me of who He is. In Isaiah 66:1-2, it says "THus says the Lord, 'heaven is my throne and the earth is My footstool. Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest? For my hand made all these things, THus all these things came into being, declares the Lord. 'but to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit and who trembles at My word'. What a great God we have, the One who made heaven and earth and everything that resides in it.At 7:25 a.m., I stepped into the school and God surprised me. There were about 8 people waiting for me outside the door. As we started the meeting, more and more people started coming and by the end, we had 20 people! I didn't have enough surveys but I just felt so blessed and privileged to be able to serve such a great GOd who is not limited by our faith in Him but is willing to use us to do great and wonderful and mighty works. I know i'm not anything special that God may choose me, but He chooses to use the weak, that His power may be glorified and I just feel so blessed that God would choose someone like me. God reminded me of Peter walking on water. That the waves might look scary but when we focus on Jesus, everything fades away and our faith in God increases. May you turn to God in your time of need because He NEVER fails you. Have a very blessed week. Love, viv