rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Sunday, December 21, 2008
-6:55 PM
I should post one last time before the new year. We will be going up to Muskoka, about a 2 and a half hour drive, to spend Christmas at a camp. It's for international students (because they're away from home and don't have a family to spend Christmas with) and my parents are going to help out. The snow is actually CRAZY right now. It snowed a lot two days ago: my sis, dad and I had to shovel in the afternoon when we came back from school and again in the morning, the next day when the snow plow came by and pushed up all this hard ice to block our driveway. And today, it snowed again! One interesting I did today was go skating outdoors. My sis' friend has a skating rink in his backyard and we went over to his house in the afternoon to go skating there. It was really bumpy and there was a downhill slope which I kept sliding down, but still it was fun. We had hockey sticks and pucks and I attempted to play hockey...haha....I fell once when I tried to stop. I have something I want to share with you all. It's a verse I stumbled upon in my quiet time a few days ago. It's from Habbakuk 3:17-19. "Though the fig tree should not blossom, and there be no fruit on the vine. Though the yield of the olive should fail, and the field produce no food. Though the flock should be cut off from the fold, and there be no cattle in the stalls (i.e. when everything seems to be going wrong/not your way). YET, I will exult in the Lord. I will rejoice in the God of my salvation. THe Lord God is my strength. He has made my feet like hinds' feet and makes me walk on my high places" It's such an encouraging verse and reminds me of the song 'Blessed be the name'. That whatever we are going through, even though we may not be feeling the best or be going through the most blessed circumstances, we can still rejoice in the Lord because He is our strength. THough our circumstances may change, He never changes. Hope it's something you guys can take with you as we venture into the new year :D