rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
-1:43 PM
It's the most wonderrrful tiiiimme of the year! :DDDDDAnd it actually is. I love the time around Christmas...and it's only 3 more school days till Christmas break!!! How exciting ;) Plus, all my tests will be done by THursday and we're having a fondue party in French on Friday. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas break..haha I think everyone is. Just yesterday, my sis and I set up the Christmas tree, well, actually it was Dad and I put up the lights. BUt it looks SO pretty, especially at night when everything is lit up. We decorated it with ribbons and it looks like a little girl that we're dressing up to go for a party or something. We couldn't find the angel which is pretty sad...must have gotten lost in the moving. We put on Christmas music and my sis and I started singing to the Christmas songs. Basically, we really got intot he CHristmas mood and it brought back really good memories of previous Christmases. I've had that Christmas tree since I was born. The year I was born was the year that mom and dad decided to buy a christmas tree and I remember, as long as my memory goes back, unpacking the tree from its box, setting it up on its pedestal and the childhood joys and excitement of decorating it and making it pretty. On SUnday, we had our Christmas piano recital. THe atmosphere was really relaxed and enjoyable. Even though one student really messed up, as in she kept on stumbling and had to ask Ms. Yundt if she could start again (the worst part was that she was one of the 2 taking their exams soon!aaahhh!!), Ms. Yundt was SO nice about it. SHe was all like, "It always happens...you've just got to learn to pick yourself up and keep on going!" I remember back in Singapore, after our piano recital, all we got was a lecture on all the areas we went wrong. And we didn't even do as bad as that girl. Yeah..the whole concert was a lot of fun and I didn't even feel nervous! (I guess it was also because I was playing the first noel which is not very technically difficult). Later, we had cookies and hot chocolate and got to find out how small Waterloo really is. Mom met a parent who she had met as a real estate agent when she was buying the house (the agent had tried to pressure her into buying another house). My sister met a popular guy from Centennial, who she claimed to be obnoxious, but turned out to be the brother of her duet partner! I met a father and a daughter (my sis' duet partner) who performed in the musical Annie which I went to go watch (it was amazing). So it was a very enlightening experience. So we're gearing up for Christmas and getting into the holiday mood! :) I hope all you have a great Christmas back there and don't forget what Christmas is REALLY about: the mercy and grace of God. love, viv