rediscovering eden
Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the bright and morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my ever wandering heart
Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are
I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours
Who Am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love
and watch me rise again
Who Am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me
whom shall i fear
whom shall i fear
i am yours
dailies
Thursday, February 26, 2009
-2:34 PM
HEYYYYY i'm ecstatic right now!!!!!!! I just passed my written driving test!!!!!!!!I studied from this really thick booklet and memorized all these numbers like how you can only park 3 m away from a fire hydrant, 6 m away from a public entrance of a hotel, 9 m away from an intersection, 15m away from intersection with lights, 15 m away from railway crossings, 100 m away from a bridge. How you have to be 150m away from an ambulance. Stop 20 m behind a school bus. 2 m away from a streetcar. how you cannot pass within 30 m of a pedestrian crossing. phew. but NONE of that was tested. BUt I gueses it's good to know. So anyway, we drove quite a ways (about 30-40min) to get to the driving place (the only one in the Kitchener-Waterloo region). THe guy at the info counter was pretty gruff and he asked for my passport/student card etc. We waited for a bit while I did some last-minute cramming. THen, the lady called me up. I had to do an eye test (totally didn't know about this...and I had been straining my eyes trying to read in thecar earlier on...oops). Also had to a nswer a little questionnaire and mom had to pay $125 for all the test fees. Then, I got to do my written test. Some of the answers were straight forward but some were really tricky. There were two parts - one with signs (what does this sign mean etc.) and one with rules. I got perfect on the signs one (although I almost got the yield sign and the 'large/slow vehicle' sign mixed up since they are both triangles but one is inverted). I got 2 wrong on the rules...but that's because I had never even heard of these rules before (do you know what parking lights are?? I had never read about them int he booklet) and there was this other rule about informing the Ministry of Transportation 6 days after you change your name and address. I still passed, though and that's what matters. You can get a maximum of 4 wrong on each test. Wow. Somehow passing my driving test makes me feel so old...yet so crazily independent and free. Like I'm transitioning into a new period in my life. It's kinda scary but crazily scary (in kinda good way). I still flashback to the time I was 8 and we went go-carting in Malaysia. I was absolutely terrified getting behind that wheel and I almost was on the verge of tears because I kept on ramming into this wall of tyres. IN the end, I didn't even go through the whole go-cart course because I couldn't drive my go-cart. I hope the same thing won't happen with the car. Other reasons why I'm so grateful today:Sometimes we don't know how much we have until we see others who have much less. When I complain of stress, today, we talked about Abraham Lincoln in American History and about how the weight of the world was heavy on his shoulders (or at least it seemed). His appearance was greatly dishevelled and he looked really haggard in one picture taken during the time of the Civil War. My teacher said that he was so stressed that he would have many sleepless nights and would even go tot he telegraph office to camp out there and sleep, awaiting news from the homefront. Compared that to the stress I face, my stress is miniscule. We also talked about how before the Battle of Cold Harbour (in the Civil War), many soldiers knew they were going to die and before the battle, were calmly writing their own names on the back of the jackets so that their bodies could be identified. How scary it must be to know, to KNOW, that you're going to die a painful, horrible death the very next day. What dread must fill you. One soldier was found dead with a diary in his pocket. And on the last entry, it read: Battle of Cold Harbour. I was killed. He knew for certain that he was going to be killed. Wow. I don't think I would be able to cope with that kind of stress. My life is blessed in ways I could never imagine. viv